Saturday, July 10, 2010

Gerrits 1 - Fall 2015

Sya's last update/Next update

The Gerrits Family
Marie is 24 and Sya is 23
Sya: When I first graduated Marie and I moved in with my parents. Since Tika and her husband and child live their too, and since they were thinking about another child, the house was a little bit too crowded. Mom and dad saved some money for me and Marie also had a little bit savings, so we were able to buy a little house in Simmeria.
It's a nice home and we feel well at home already, although it may be a little bit small once we start a family. But for now it's great.
After settling in, we found it rather easy to pick up our life again. Marie is a little bit nervous because the school will open its doors for the first time next winter, and she wants everything to be perfect, she's constantly in front of the mirror practicing her lessons! I tell her all the time that there's no need for such things, but she's stuborn.
Since Marie doesn't have much time lately, I try to keep myself busy. My best friend, Marcus Young, lives in Simmeria as well, not so far from where we live, we talk on the phone almost every day. I also meet with him a lot these days. I find it a little bit strange since he has a girlfriend and he hardly spends any time with her, but he doesn't don't want to talk about it, so I just let it.
At night I like to watch the stars through my telescope, I find it very calming. I love sports more, but we don't have any room in the garden to put down some sportitems, and I really don't want to go to the gym all the time, so I have to settle with other things.
Nights are also the only time Marie gets aways from the mirror, and ask to spend some time with me. Most of the time we spend it in the spare bedroom, discussing what we will do with it. We both want kids, and this room is nice for one, but we are still young, and we want to do everything in the right order, and we want to get married first, so maybe in a couple of years.

Notes:
  • I like Marie and Sya together, they look so sweet together. I really want them to have kids, but I also want them to get married first.
  • I think I'm as nervous as Marie is about the school opening for the first time, next season sim-time :)

4 comments:

  1. So how are Marie and Sya going to have kids, when the time comes? Adoption? People deal with gay parenthood differently and I'm always interested to hear how other Simmers do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious how you will do Marie and Sya's family planning. I bet Marie will do great in the winter, and their house is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maisie: Their house really is cute; it's Maxis one :)

    Carla & Maisie: I have thought about it for some time now, but I haven't yet desided. Adoption of course is an option, but it will be an easy one, although the adoption-procedure in Sullivan looks quite good as well. I've also thought about letting one of the get pregnant. I'm sure Sya's best friend, Marcus, will be more than happy to be a donor. I know there is an option in the simblender (I think) 'have baby with', but I don't want Marcus to pop up in the familytree, so I'm still thinking about it. If you guys have suggestions, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could also remove Marcus as the parent and set whichever girl who won't get pregnant as the parent with simblender or insim.

    ReplyDelete