Saturday, January 17, 2015

Penninkmeijer - April 2026

Last update/Next update

The Penninkmeijer 2 household profile

The Penninkmeijer Family
Jack is 31, Johanna is 28 and Eli is 4
(Frederik Penninkmeijer is 71, Bianca Penninkmeijer is 66, Ling Belio is 51, Anna Zang is 27, Stephan Belio is 18, Alex Zang is 7, Carl Zang is 6 and Dean Zang is 3)
Narrated by Johanna

Eli started school this January, and it's been pretty tiring on him. We're having trouble getting him out of bed in the morning.
And every day, when he comes home from school, he takes a nap on the couch.
Last month he had a spring break, and I'm sure he was happy with that! He seemed so much more awake that entire week!
Jack's schedule isn't easy, but he's home quite a lot during the day, so we didn't have to look for some one to look after Eli during the holiday.
I didn't have much time during Eli's spring break, but I was able to take him to SimsVille for a couple of hours to see mom.
He always loves meeting up with his grandparents, it was just too bad dad wasn't able to be there as well, but he's busy with the store.
I always love catching up with mom as well. I just wish she'd stop asking for another grandchild! We're happy the way it is now, why can't people get that?
I'm really unsure about having another child. Eli's great with adults, and kids hiw own age or older, but he's a tease when it comes to younger kids, I've seen it happen when Anna and her boys come over.
He takes their toys, and refuses to give them back. Anna isn't bothered by it, she sais it's just kids, but I really don't like him doing things like that.
He really is fine with older kids and kids his own age. And he and Anna's older sons get along very well.
I always like it when Anna comes over. She's about the only who doesn't bug us about having anohter kid.
She's been my best friend since we were kids, and she really gets me.
Jack's parents love Eli as well. And they too want us to have more children. So they are more than willing to look after Eli when Jack and I want a night to ourselfs. I think they hope that a night to ourself might bring them closer to another grandchild.
Eli loves it when his grandparents are over. It's not like he's lacking any attention from Jack or me, but we just don't have the time to read him a story every night, and Bianca is more than willing to read him more than one.
On our nights out, Jack and I mostly talk about Eli. And the discussion has come to us having another baby, and it seems like we're both not sure about it.
We both think it might be good for Eli, and it's not like we don't want anohter one, it's just that it all seems fine now.
Another one who doesn't bug us about more kids is my brother Stephan. I don't think he cares much about it. He loves Eli, and loves spending time with him, and if we have another that's fine by him and if we don't that's fine as well.
Stephan always makes time for Eli when he comes over. He lives just around the corner from us, so he comes over quite a lot, which is totally fine by Eli.
Jack and Stephan both work as firefitghers, and so they have more than enough to talk about when Stephan is here. I really like it that my husband gets along with my family this well.
Mom still is unsure about Stephan living on his own. She would have loved for him to live at home a little bit longer, and she asked me to keep an eye on him.
So we feed him every time he's over. I'm sure he gets that we got orders from mom, but I guess he doesn't mind that much.

Notes:
  • I'm still not sure about Jack and Jo having more kids, so I decided to see what would happen between them. I kept them on birth control and decided to see if they would try for a baby, if they did I would take them off birth control. And they did try for a baby! So I took them off, but after that they didn't try anymore, all they had was casual woohoo. So now I don't know what they want anymore either. We'll have to wait and see what happend next round.
  • Eli has 8 outgoingpoints and 6 nicepoints, and he seems to get along with everybody. I was surprised to see him tease little Dean. It just didn't seem to fit him.

5 comments:

  1. That's really interesting, that they wanted a baby, but then stopped trying once off birth control. It seems they are ambivalent, hmm? And why do people feel that others' reproductive plans are their business?! But those family sim grandparents can be pretty pushy!

    I felt so much for Eli, adjusting to the tiring new schedule of school. He's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you use the Inteen birth control then? Maybe I should start using that again, as a better clue as to when my sims might be ready for another baby. It's pretty rare that my non-Family sims roll a baby want (though less rare than it was in Sullivan 1.0).

    Anyway, it would be nice to see these two have another but only if it's something they really want. If they're happy with one, they should stick to their guns. It seems like Eli is a nice kid at heart and he'll get over this nasty stage with poor Dean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice read to go with my muesli this morning, thank you .-)
    The uncertainty about having another child or not is one of the things that make your way of playing so realistic - it is how a real couple would be feeling, and their parents constantly "nagging" them about having another one!
    Eli's behaviour is realistic, too; while most girls will "babysit" a toddler, boys often tease them a bit although they generally are good kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe if he gets a little sibling he will learn to not tease? I think it's interesting that he did that with all those nice points, it's like he doesn't know exactly how to behave to little kids. Perhaps he won't be a family sim when he grows up? Like Carla, I use InTeen for birth control, then I can see if a family TFB with ACR, they won't get pregnant, but I can remove their BC and they can try again. The whole TFB thing is a roll too, so it makes sense that they don't try every time, maybe next round! I love when sims plan their own families!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon I thought I'd let Jack and Jo decide for themselves, but now that they haven't tryed again, I don't think I'll be keeping them off birth control next round. They seem happy with only 1 kid.
    And sim grandparents are quite pushy, always wanting another grandchild, no matter how many they have already!

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    Carla Yes I use Inteen for birth control, that way my sims can point out when they want kids and take them off.

    I see them more and more as a couple with only one kid. So I might put them back on birth controll again next round. Even though I wouldn't mind seeing antoher kid from them :)

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    Librarian You're very welcome!
    I'm glad I'm able to put my sims down realisticly! Since they haven't tried again after I took them off birth control, I kind of see it as their way of telling me that they are happy with only one.
    I'm sure Eli will grow out of his teasing behaviour when he gets older.

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    Maisie There will be more little kids in the family soon, so I'm sure Eli will learn to behave aournd them even without having a younger sibling.
    I'm still unsure if I'm going to keep these 2 off birth control next round or if I'm going to let them try again. I'm growing more and more fond of the idea of Eli being an only child :)

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete