Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Simmerian - May 2026 Issue

Laura Heaven is now a week overdue. She and husband, Dennis, check in at the hospital to initiate the birth.

They have to wait some time for the doctor to show them their room.
But soon Dr. Zang comes to take them to the birth room, where he will be initiating the birth.
And not long after that, Laura actually is in labor.
And a few hours later they meet their new daughter, Lily Heaven.
When they are able to take her home, Dennis is constantly near Lily's crib, and more than willing to oblige in all of her needs.

Notes:
  • I was pretty happy these 2 had a girl! Mainly because I didn't have a boysname :) and partly because I just wanted them to have a girl.
  • Lily has black hair and grey eyes just like her dad, I can't wait to age her up :) I know I always want something else than black hair, but here there just wasn't an option for anything but black hair.
  • I don't know how it goes somewhere else, but here the labor is initiated when the baby doesn't come naturally 10 days after the due-date. And so I went with that sotry for Dennis and Laura.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's something similar here in the US for overdue babies, depending on your practitioner, the more medical they are, the faster that usually induce, whereas midwives would be less inclined and hold out, but I think 2 weeks is the tops for all/majority.

    Yay for a girl! I hear ya on the hair color options, I wouldn't expect them to have anything but a black haired cutie. Excited to see who she takes after, especially since so far, she has quite a bit from her Daddy, including skintone I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about 10 days here too but I've known women who were induced earlier and women who were induced later. My mum wasn't induced but I was actually 10 days overdue - last time I was late to anything! ;) I'm very punctual.

    But anyway, yay! Welcome Lily! It's good to see Dennis being such a great dad already. Laura won't have to worry about shouldering all the workload.

    I have to get that hair mod into my game. I keep hesitating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Lily! She is going to be a beauty; I love grey eyes. It was fun to get a glimpse of your hospital, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maisie I always like hearing these kind of things from other parts of the world. Especially when it seems it's quite the same from here :)

    I think Lily has her dad's skintone, but I hope to see something of her mom when she grows up as well.

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    Carla Funny how we are spread over the world, but that things seem to be the same where ever you are! :)

    I'm sure Laura will demand some time with her daughter, but it's nice to see Dennis being a doting father.

    The hair mod is great! You really should get it!

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    Shannon I really hope she'll be a beauty, but if she looks anything like her parents, I'm sure she will be :)
    My hospital is far from finished, but the rooms I use the most are done, so it's been put on hold at the moment/

    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete