Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Rebuild - Update 4

So it's been a while, I'm sorry. I have been simming, but there has been a lot of things going on IRL to make me focus on playing instead of writing updates.

The rebuid isn't done yet, but I'm getting there. I've created all of my playables, moved them all back in to their houses or build them new ones in case they needed one. All the house and apartments are furnished and decorated, and I feel quite good about that.
I let the families with babies have their babies again, made the sims pregnant who were pregnant, added the pets (since I was stupid enough to forget them when I created the families).
A lot has been done in SimPe as well, but not everything. I also need to recreate my dead sims, so I can do all of the relations, set all the relations and familytrees back in order in game, and get their businesses going again, but that will come eventually.
I have started playing again though! As much as I want all those empty spaces to be filled with lots, I started missing my sims, and really wanted to play again!
I'm having a lot of fun building and (re)decorating all these lots though, so I'll be continuing with that while I play.
And I'm still hoping to get my already played updates written and published as well as the lot tours, but that seems like a far away dream at the moment.

Anyway, in this update I thought I'd give you guys a tour of South SimsVille, to let you guys see what I've done the last couple of weeks.
So this is SimsVille as it looks at the moment. The part at the bottom of the map is South SimsVille.



 (click picture for larger view)
This is a more detailed map of South SimsVille, with the 4 streets all linged out, as well as the househumbers.

Orange street = Farewell Lane
Red street = Farmer's Way
Yellow street = Concrete Road
Blue street = Riverview Rod

This is Farewell Lane. The community lot on top will be a cemetary and the other one will be a park with a view and a playground.
At the moment there 5 families living here, the Sels' (playable NPC), the Zanobi's, the Mokara's, the Mishoen's and the Zang's.

Part 1 of Farmer's Way, with still a lot of empty lots, South SimsVille Radio and the Church (no name yet).

Part 2 of Farmer's Way; still quite a lot of empty lots. But in the middle live the Terrano's and the de Leeuws. Across street of their houses we have a playground, community garden, and another community lot, but I don't know yet what that one will be. I now too happy with the playground either, so that might change.

Part 3 of Farmer's Way, where we'll find the farms; the Mertens-Savage-household, and the Gradonni-houshold. We also have Gradonni Market and the Garden Barn. 
There's also the equestrian center, Maison Mama (a restaurant) and a camp ground (which kind of fell of the picture...)

Part 4 of Farmer's Way, wich is kind of isolated from the rest of Farmer's Way. Here we will be having a spa, a forest with a large fishingpond and an ice rink.

Moving on to part 1 of Concrete Road, again a lot of emtpy lots, but there the Concrete Garden, and the outdoor swimmingpool is also part of this street.

Part 2 of Concrete Road with the beach lots. The beach lots are; South SimsVille Beach, an actual beach, and South SimsVille Mini Marina, which is a restaurant with a view of the marina. It also have an actual beach, but I don't think I'll be using it like that. In the middle of those 2 lots is the South SimsVille Promenade, a big lot with lots of shops (I'll be posting an acual tour of this one).
Across the street from the beach, we have the Tora-household and the Spits-household.

Part 3 of Concrete Road, with some community lots. Here we have 2 restaurants (The Purple Chandelier and The Parrot Diner), a Jazz club, a bookstore, 2 clothingstores, a coffeeshop, but also an outdoor coffeeplace, a grocery store and the doctor's practice.
At the right you see the Starry Nights Function Hall, and something I still need to decide one.

The last street we visit is Riverview Road. Which is kind of the more posh-side of town. Here we have the Rai's, the Landgraab's, the Roque's and the Penninkmeijer's. The community lots at the top are a salon, a club and a spa. 
The lonely building on the right is the Claudette, a fancy restaurant. With the Green Strip (something like a park) across the street.

Notes:
  • First of all Merry Christmass to all of you! I hope you all had a great time! And in case I don't get another update out soon: Happy New Year! May all your dreams come true!
  • I actaully can't believe it myself but I got an update out! I've had this in my head for some time now, and I might have gotten it out last week, but I took a little break from Sims 2, and started playing Sims 3. Somewhere in between I got Sims 4 on a sale, and my sister gave my Rollercoaster Tycoon! So a lot of distractions last week. But now I'm back to sims 2, and loving it!
  • The picture with the colors and the numbers will be posted in the 'In and Around'-section as well. I'll fill in the families and community lots, so you all have a better idea of what/who is where.
  • I have some lot tours that just need to be written, as well as some already played updates, and I have some update-ideas as well . I'm hoping to get those out soon, but as usual I'm not making any promisses.

4 comments:

  1. As before, I very much admire how organized and well planned your 'hood is, something I really want to do with New Maximiliania as well. Question is, when will I do this? It seems like a good idea to complete my current round and then re-vamp New Max before starting on the next round. Or I could use the New Year as an occasion for the "new" New Max :-)

    Like you, I enjoy a bit of TS3 and TS4 in between, but have not played anything else than TS2 in a while.
    Looking forward to the lot tours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, Tanja! You're putting in so much work to get SimsVille back on track and I'm super-impressed. I felt really accomplished once I had all my sims done. I was not this far along for a long, long time and arguably, I'm still not. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is looking great Tanja! I like your different districts. At N99, we are doing street cute for our January theme, then possibly neighborhood photos, you should definitely take some photos for those! You've really been knocking it out! I hear you with the distractions, I got TS4 for Christmas and spent a few days on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire the detail and care you're putting into recreating Simsville, and it looks so good! It is a huge job but you are getting really nice results. I especially like how your lots have street numbers and street names, and really love the map you chose.

    ReplyDelete